No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 17.May.18 17:24:30

chatterbox

Royton market

Now I am a lady of leisure since retiring (Not sure why they say that I'm always busy I've no idea how I fitted work in) I'm able to go on the market. It looks like its being run down to me, over the last 2 weeks I have been on and there are a lot of gaps where there use to be busy stalls.

#2 17.May.18 19:20:44

LittleRach

Re: Royton market

That’s a shame.  I haven’t been for a very, very long time.  Like you say, work doesn’t half get in the way.

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#3 17.May.18 19:36:39

Woody

Re: Royton market

chatterbox wrote:

Now I am a lady of leisure since retiring (Not sure why they say that I'm always busy I've no idea how I fitted work in) I'm able to go on the market. It looks like its being run down to me, over the last 2 weeks I have been on and there are a lot of gaps where there use to be busy stalls.

That time of year when the new rents kick in could be some stall holders back off when stood selling small value bits does not earn a wage and rent,

EG: A few years ago a man behind Woolworths in Shaw had to wooden Market Stalls selling single Brillo Pads Dusters Dish mops and household cleaning items,

His rent was £30 per stall to get that back plus a wage on a bad wet miserable day is nigh impossible,

OMBC has destroyed our markets with high rents better to have a full site paying £20 a stall that half empty at £30,

Plus if you factor Asda into Shaw they should be grocers but when they sell all and sundry what chance has a small trader against there buying power,

Last edited by Woody (17.May.18 19:37:47)

I would if I could but I can't,

Board footer