No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 17.May.18 20:33:31

LittleRach

Récent book

I have just finished a book (that wasn’t really all that great), where the main storyline was ‘if you were given the opportunity of making someone disappear (in a Russian mafia kind of way), would you do it, and who would you choose’.

Initially I thought no way.  Wouldn’t do it.  And really I have no one that I can think of that I would want that to happen to.

But then I thought, what if I could use this chance for public good?  Would I do it then if it meant getting rid of some crazy genocidal dictator somewhere?

Yes.  I think I would.

How about you?

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#2 17.May.18 20:49:00

Tabbycat

Re: Récent book

Definitely. This is the sort of stuff I think about all the time, doesn't everyone? The trouble is there are just too many to choose from. 
And I mean that in all seriousness.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#3 17.May.18 21:42:36

nola

It could be the Midas touch though.  Imagine if everyone had the power, it could end up with no human race left

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#4 17.May.18 21:44:11

nola

I watched a short film recently, Ctrl Z, where someone had a machine that could undo real life situations (Ctrl Z on a computer)
Sometimes I would like one of those machines when I've botched up

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#5 17.May.18 22:12:02

sg
Administrator

At school we all agreed that we’d shoot saddam hussein if we had a gun.

I’d mostly like Donald trump to disappear now.

[citation needed]

#6 17.May.18 23:25:25

Tabbycat

sg wrote:

At school we all agreed that we’d shoot saddam hussein if we had a gun.

I’d mostly like Donald trump to disappear now.

I remember my very religious friend being shocked at the time when I said that I prayed each night for Saddam to die.
That was in the days when I used to say my prayers smile

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#7 18.May.18 08:22:20

exile

There is also the arguament that if we hadn’t used CtrlZ on Saddam Housain far fewer humans would have died and there wouldn’t still be the problems in that area.

As for D Trump, well yes he is something of an embarrassment but he is also hugely liked in America.  J Corbyn is an embarrassment to the U.K. but would using CtrlZ on him solve that problem ?  Diane Abbott would still be there.

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

#8 18.May.18 09:21:52

Tony

exile wrote:

There is also the arguament that if we hadn’t used CtrlZ on Saddam Housain far fewer humans would have died and there wouldn’t still be the problems in that area.

As for D Trump, well yes he is something of an embarrassment but he is also hugely liked in America.  J Corbyn is an embarrassment to the U.K. but would using CtrlZ on him solve that problem ?  Diane Abbott would still be there.

And a good job she is Exile as she's just recounted the Eurovision results and the UK has won  smile

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#9 18.May.18 11:04:02

exile

lol    lol   That’s not all good news though as now we have to go to the expense of staging the farce next year. 

Now where. Is that ctrlX button    lol

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

#10 18.May.18 17:33:12

LittleRach

Trump was my first thought.  But then I decided that as much as I can’t stand the man, I don’t wish him dead.
I also thought that if I do choose him, then his supporters will see it as evidence that anyone who doesn’t agree with them is crazy.  So I’m not sure it’s my best option.

My usual choice would be Mugabe, but he’s pretty much gone now anyway.  And whatever despotic leader you take out, it seems that there’s always another waiting to take his place.

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

Board footer