No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 04.Jun.18 20:26:04

Penguin

Idiot VW Drivers

Just walking up from Royton and had just crossed Shaw Road by the Fireplace shop when we heard cars travelling very fast.

Two VWs came down Shaw Road, went through a red light and headed off towards Oldham, probably doing about 50—60mph!

If we had been walking faster then we could have been crossing Oldham Road at this point as the green man was in our favour... These morons would have ploughed into us as there is no way they could have seen us quickly enough to stop at the speed they were going.

I'm sure others on here have mentioned about VWs travelling far too quickly, therefore it's a regular occurrence... They need removing from the road asap!

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#2 04.Jun.18 20:28:28

Woody

Re: Idiot VW Drivers

They came through Royton on Friday night far to fast its only a matter of time before it happens it just that they may take someone with them,

I would if I could but I can't,

#3 04.Jun.18 21:12:13

Tabbycat

We find it's mainly Audis so we will watch out for VWs too now sad
As Woody says I have no sympathy if they want to kill themselves but they might take other innocent people with them ruining whole families lives in the process sad

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#4 04.Jun.18 21:53:14

Tony

A black VW flew past the Summit pub about 9-15pm doing a ridiculous speed, nothing will be done until someone is killed sad

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#5 05.Jun.18 07:49:43

ridge walker

I have deleted several long posts recently about this and the decision to permit learner drivers onto the motorways, whatever their learning its not working, and whatever the driving test includes its disregarded as soon as a licence is issued, the incident in Trafford Park where a woman was killed by a 20 year old with no driving licence or insurance during a  vehical stunt event defies all logic, there are drivers on Roytons roads who dong give a fig for road safety or what others think, they like to speed and  to show off being bad boys, seems good boys have no street cred.   The Oldham -Rochdale circuit  via the Summet and the motorway has no deterrants in place nor on any of the linking roads despite the knowledge high performance cars are using them, the Audi dealership is feeding this activety on Chadderton Way to Sandbrook Park and has been a race track for years by all drivers, it only takes one for the rest to follow suit, the Golfs GTI's, Scirocos  drivers and not the worst, anything smaller is driven flat out, anything bigger like a van is in a hurry and got a job to go to and has to overtake, makes a mockery why we have driving driving tests at all if road safety is completely ignored in favour of reckless driving and getting a thrill.

#6 05.Jun.18 09:16:29

Tony

Perhaps the fitting of speed limiters might deter some though they would probably figure out a bypass for them eventually.

#7 05.Jun.18 10:56:22

Barleycorn

Tony wrote:

Perhaps the fitting of speed limiters might deter some though they would probably figure out a bypass for them eventually.

We have plenty of laws that could/should prevent this - no need for additional measures - just a resourced, visible police force that can enforce the rules we already have in place.  The perception that there is no ( or so little it is almost no) realistic enforcement of the law encourages the less community spirited in all walks of life - and road users are no different.

Obviously this is not a political thread, so there will be no comment from me about where/why/when all the police/traffic enforcement personnel have gone... roll  roll  roll

I went through ALL your posts, found nothing,

#8 05.Jun.18 12:24:45

exile

And of course anti social driving isn’t peculiar to Royton, even in our sleepy back water it’s a problem with even the busses breaking speed limits.  I have said here previously that following complaints from residents the police have done speed checks and found silly speeds by busses and vehicles towing speed boats and caravans but have failed to solve the problem.

I was stood with our community police lady one day with a speed gun when a local and well known boy racer roared past and gave her the finger.  I was shocked but she said there was nothing she could do.  So even abusing a police officer isn’t a chargeable offence anymore.

So it’s not all down to lack of boots on the beat, we have also tied the officers hands and reduced their effectuality.

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

#9 05.Jun.18 12:35:27

Erin

It's the drivers who make the cars lethal weapons and whatever make of car they were driving they would drive in the same way.  Everytime you go on the road either driving or as a pedestrian you have to watch out for the idiots.  There isn't any pleasure in travelling on the roads these days.  sad

#10 05.Jun.18 12:52:07

Barleycorn

exile wrote:

And of course anti social driving isn’t peculiar to Royton, even in our sleepy back water it’s a problem with even the busses breaking speed limits.  I have said here previously that following complaints from residents the police have done speed checks and found silly speeds by busses and vehicles towing speed boats and caravans but have failed to solve the problem.

I was stood with our community police lady one day with a speed gun when a local and well known boy racer roared past and gave her the finger. I was shocked but she said there was nothing she could do.  So even abusing a police officer isn’t a chargeable offence anymore.

So it’s not all down to lack of boots on the beat, we have also tied the officers hands and reduced their effectuality.

That seems at odds with this story. 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/23/man-jail … r-7491485/

Perhaps she meant there was nothing she could do, given time, resources etc.    Although if she had a speed gun, seems she could have done at least one thing...

I went through ALL your posts, found nothing,

#11 05.Jun.18 13:16:34

exile

I took it to mean because she was a community police woman rather than a constable.  They never booked any of the speeders although they did stop some of them and warned them about the speed.  The boy racer in question was known to both me and the police lady and she said she would be knocking on his door later.  If she didn’t get him then she would later I expect.  Also being fifty years behind the times here I don’t doubt that his mother would have had something to say about his actions bringing the police to her door.

#12 07.Jun.18 21:30:11

Penguin

Not a VW this time...

Walking up from Royton toward Shaw Road End and an audi decided to undertake a car using the bus stop outside the Railway!

They then sped up the road for at least 50 yards before getting stuck behind the rest of the "slow moving" traffic!

I may be developing pedestrian road rage.....  wink

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#13 07.Jun.18 22:06:02

Tabbycat

Terrible driving sad

#14 08.Jun.18 08:18:39

exile

Don’t you just love it when they zoom past you and then 100 yards down the road they get stuck behind something else and very soon you are behind them .   Blooming idiots

#15 08.Jun.18 10:29:23

Tony

A boy racer passed me on Queensway a couple of weeks back got about quarter of a mile lost it just missed some pedestrians then ploughed into a BT cabinet then a brick garden wall, the car was probably written off, idiots!!

#16 08.Jun.18 11:18:14

Tabbycat

We see them all the time too. I just don't get it. Why would they want to go at such speeds in a built up area? Surely the most stupid among us could see the dangers? But then apparently not.
What worries me is the potential loss of life and the heartbreak to some unlucky family whose loved one has been killed.
Tony says the driver narrowly missed some pedestrians. What if he had ploughed into them? It desn't bear thinking about.

#17 08.Jun.18 13:45:09

exile

That’s the real danger Tabby, serves ‘em right if they hurt themselves but imagine demolishing a bus queue.

#18 08.Jun.18 15:36:47

nola

One very nowty van driver had a go at me yesterday in a jam that was going absolutely nowhere. A few minutes later a woman in front of him got out of her car and walked up to his window and gave him a good ticking off.

Really called Janet (and still confused)

Board footer