No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 05.Jul.18 19:36:08

LittleRach

NHS70

At Oldham Hospital today they had a BBQ and a few things on to celebrate the NHS’s 70th birthday, so our office popped out to celebrate.

It was lovely.  We saw our Big Boss, who is actually a really, really lovely guy, and very pleasant, friendly and approachable (unlike many high-ups).  Pretty much our whole office had lunch together, which we virtually never do because of stuff going on.  We did nearly cook in the heat though, and I may have burnt my head!

And I also saw our MP Jim whatsisname!  I’ve started using Twitter recently, and I ‘Follow’ him, so I see his picture on my feed several times a day.  So in my little mind, I kind of know him.  So I very nearly trotted over and said “Hi, how are you?  Lovely to see you here!”.  But fortunately I remember in time that he actually doesn’t know me from Adam, and I’d just be a crazy, chubby, middle aged lady with sunburn running across the grass towards him, and he’d probably do a runner!  lol

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#2 05.Jul.18 19:50:29

Tabbycat

Re: NHS70

Jolly good show, Rach.

I love our NHS in spite of it's failings, we are so lucky to have a healthcare system free at the point of use.

I don't know where I would have been without it of recent years, with my kidney failure and my new hips.

When you think  that our grandparents would have to pay the doctor for every call. If you had no money it must have been very scary indeed if your child or other family member was ill.

Thank God for our NHS. Long may it live.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#3 05.Jul.18 19:59:21

Mags

Went to Fairfield today to visit a patient in the Stroke Unit. We were offered Happy Birthday cupcakes each. They were lovely.

#4 05.Jul.18 21:07:46

Tony

Good for you Rach, have you been there the full 70 years devil
Too many bad story's make the headlines instead of the great many success stories in the NHS, long may it continue.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#5 05.Jul.18 22:44:30

Erin

Even with all the horror stories you see and hear about it's still the envy of the world. tummenupp

Board footer