No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 06.Jul.18 15:27:32

Tony

FAO Tabby

You asked if there was anything similar to Harlen Cobins Safe that you enjoyed, well yes there is it's another series by him also set in England and featuring the young policewoman played by Hannah Arterton, again in a supporting role, I watched the first episode on Wednesday it's shaping up nicely.
It's called The Five about a small boy who goes missing then 20 years later his DNA shows up at a crime scene, I think Rach mentioned it once.

Last edited by Tony (06.Jul.18 15:28:25)

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#2 06.Jul.18 17:59:00

Tabbycat

Re: FAO Tabby

Ooh thanks Tony. I'll try to get that tonight.
Hannah is Gemma Arterton's sister, I like her. We've just watched Tess of the Durbervilles with her playing Tess. I've seen it before when it was on telly but decided to buy the video. It's a really good watch if you haven't seen it.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#3 06.Jul.18 18:29:50

Tabbycat

Ooops no I won't. I've just remembered our telly's broken down and is in for repair. We have a small portable for a week, until they bring our flat screen back. We can't get Netflix on it so we'll have to wait till next weekend now smile

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#4 06.Jul.18 21:07:30

LittleRach

It was me that mentioned it.
Personally I couldn’t get into it, but I’ll give it another go.

It felt really odd to me, because it was set in England, everyone was English, but it was obviously written by an American, so it just felt odd.

I’ll probably give it another go when I’m in the mood though, because I love his books.

Though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.

#5 06.Jul.18 21:32:41

Tony

LittleRach wrote:

It was me that mentioned it.
Personally I couldn’t get into it, but I’ll give it another go.

It felt really odd to me, because it was set in England, everyone was English, but it was obviously written by an American, so it just felt odd.

I’ll probably give it another go when I’m in the mood though, because I love his books.

Safe was also set in England he must have a liking for this country, I remembered you had mentioned it which is why I streamed it the other night, I’m intrigued already as to what is going on, give it another try Rach.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Board footer