No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

crackerbarrel

#1 27.Jul.18 20:17:28

ridge walker

Blood Moon Eclipse.

From 9pm tonight till 10-15, visible in the south western sky from Royton, no special glasses required and if you miss this one  the next will be in 100 years, we have cloud cover building so another hour we may be dissapointed,  fake a photo from your garden using a frizzbe, hang it from the washing line by a thread, no one will know the difference, or you may have some other suggestions, make sure its red and its round and has a face on it- like the man in the moon- get it, very impressive, no need for a torch it wont be dark, just go outside and look excited, avoid tall buildings, you have 45 minutes to prepare and it will last 75 minutes for the real event.  Go for it.

#2 27.Jul.18 20:47:17

Tabbycat

Re: Blood Moon Eclipse.

It's a bit cloudy, Ridge. I think I'll just be happy I saw the full orange moon which was out during the moorland fires. I presume it was reflection from the flames, but I don't really know for sure.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#3 28.Jul.18 07:00:25

ridge walker

Yes tabby, the luner eclpse is caused by the moon passing through the earths shadow, shame it was so cloudy it was only seen in  foriegn lands , very overcast today but the rain now is so refreshing, bit windy as well so maybe we will get the thunder and lightning displays later, i never got the higher water level in the fishing pond, its still well below the overflow and the surface is very dirty, theres nothing entering via the land drains since they put new ones in around the earth mound, we need big stormy weather untill September now, flash flooding and landslides to take the furness friday headlines off the front pages and all the traffic disruptions at the airports,  just enjoy your holidays - stay at home , get a good nights sleep and breath easy, avoid all the queues.

#4 28.Jul.18 08:35:50

exile

We had a great sight of the Moon on Thursday night and I was sure we would see the eclipse but like you we got cloud and rain last night so once again it’s a no show.  Why is it that on interesting nights like this we always get cloud.
This morning it’s very windy but the sky is brightening and the sun is shining so all is not so bad.

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

Board footer