No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

crackerbarrel

#1 25.Jul.18 18:08:23

Woody

Byron Street School Site

Just read on I Love Royton 28 houses to be built on the Byron Street Site seems a little under size for 28 will have to wait until the site layout is shown,?

I would if I could but I can't,

#2 25.Jul.18 20:45:58

ridge walker

Re: Byron Street School Site

The planning documents show the plans Woody and also those on Radcliffe Street and what will go on the Mc Quilans site, the link to this was mentioned when this was discussed earlier, if you find it click documents and then click each one in turn, there will be many pages including the plan drawings, for both main areas, the other site will be a car parking area only.    All houses have off street parking spaces from the streets attached to each.

#3 26.Jul.18 13:41:24

ridge walker

Woody, i cant find the post regarding this but i have found the Aplication on the planning web site, it came inon the 12 March 2018 and validated on the 6 April, the number is PA 341540/18, the 28 houses include the 8 on Radcliffe Street, however they say the decision is undecided.   I noted the documents have been ammended dated the 13th June and the 4th July, the Boiler Company site has an 18 bay car park on it.

Now this may alter the situation to granting permission but ammended drawings are nothing new, any changes are approved by the planning officers using deligated powers if it does not change the material facts, a decision to approve may still exist.  No one expects changes to be made and once a decision is made they dont revisit the application,  no notice is given it just gets altered at the developers request.

In a question raised by a resident at the meeting (16th July), he asked if the Police station site could be used as a temporary car park, the answer from the chairman was he was not sure how many houses were being built there and if a car park was allowed it would be full on every Thursday Market day, it was just a comment but it meant that would not happen, as is the case for similar use for the old Health Centre, even with the knowledge we have vehicles parking on the streets and the traders filling the long stay car park with their vans- incidentilly the long stay bays are still displayed as short stay in the notice boards for the town centre which i pursued over 6 months earlier to our towns clerical staff in the town hall C/o Linda Cain, she called back saying they had been corrected but remain incorrect.

Some of the houses are 5 bedroomed and it takes in all that land up to Park Street.   As i have mentioned earlier the work thats been done so far on these sites have made the land worse than before,  Radcliffe St had been left overgrown  after it was top dressed and grass sown and finally it was mown following our complaints, this neglect even continued into this year before the application had been submitted, and at that time i refered to the Baths stonework also being overgrown and neglected, again these questions were made to the committee.     As is the method of recording the minutes,  the briefest of replies and  the issues are made public, its reduced to a heading addressed back to the questioner as if its of a personal  request not a public one, hense we are encouraged to ask these questions at their monthly surguries where you can meet them in private, its an unsatisfactory method  informing the wider public as it then invites more questions on the same subject.

#4 26.Jul.18 18:29:56

Woody

ridge walker wrote:

Woody, i cant find the post regarding this but i have found the Aplication on the planning web site, it came inon the 12 March 2018 and validated on the 6 April, the number is PA 341540/18, the 28 houses include the 8 on Radcliffe Street, however they say the decision is undecided.   I noted the documents have been ammended dated the 13th June and the 4th July, the Boiler Company site has an 18 bay car park on it.

Now this may alter the situation to granting permission but ammended drawings are nothing new, any changes are approved by the planning officers using deligated powers if it does not change the material facts, a decision to approve may still exist.  No one expects changes to be made and once a decision is made they dont revisit the application,  no notice is given it just gets altered at the developers request.

In a question raised by a resident at the meeting (16th July), he asked if the Police station site could be used as a temporary car park, the answer from the chairman was he was not sure how many houses were being built there and if a car park was allowed it would be full on every Thursday Market day, it was just a comment but it meant that would not happen, as is the case for similar use for the old Health Centre, even with the knowledge we have vehicles parking on the streets and the traders filling the long stay car park with their vans- incidentilly the long stay bays are still displayed as short stay in the notice boards for the town centre which i pursued over 6 months earlier to our towns clerical staff in the town hall C/o Linda Cain, she called back saying they had been corrected but remain incorrect.

Some of the houses are 5 bedroomed and it takes in all that land up to Park Street.   As i have mentioned earlier the work thats been done so far on these sites have made the land worse than before,  Radcliffe St had been left overgrown  after it was top dressed and grass sown and finally it was mown following our complaints, this neglect even continued into this year before the application had been submitted, and at that time i refered to the Baths stonework also being overgrown and neglected, again these questions were made to the committee.     As is the method of recording the minutes,  the briefest of replies and  the issues are made public, its reduced to a heading addressed back to the questioner as if its of a personal  request not a public one, hense we are encouraged to ask these questions at their monthly surguries where you can meet them in private, its an unsatisfactory method  informing the wider public as it then invites more questions on the same subject.

That explains that I thought the 28 were going on the School site but 8 are on the Police Station,

#5 27.Jul.18 07:54:44

ridge walker

From the validation date of the application, notices will appear on the site informing the public, the public then receive 21 days to submit comments, in many cases it can be extended beyond that, the planning committee like to 'get on' with this business and avoid delays in decisions and each case will have the planning officer reccommendations and imput from statutary organisations like utillity companies and environment agencies as well as Highways.

As each plot has access from the street x 4 streets, on street parking must be reduced from what we have today on most days not just Thursday, and each house will have  visitors and deliveries needing parking space, other developments in the area have frontages within the boundary not outside it so any obstructions dont effect the main highways for through traffic, this will displace all the vehicles who now park there- where will they go,  look at the situation on Hall Street and along Middleton Road as examples by selling off of King Street car park which was for short term use of 3 hours.   We know what the future will be and what effect it has on the granting of permission, it wont be to refuse will it.

#6 27.Jul.18 15:40:03

Woody

ridge walker wrote:

From the validation date of the application, notices will appear on the site informing the public, the public then receive 21 days to submit comments, in many cases it can be extended beyond that, the planning committee like to 'get on' with this business and avoid delays in decisions and each case will have the planning officer reccommendations and imput from statutary organisations like utillity companies and environment agencies as well as Highways.

As each plot has access from the street x 4 streets, on street parking must be reduced from what we have today on most days not just Thursday, and each house will have  visitors and deliveries needing parking space, other developments in the area have frontages within the boundary not outside it so any obstructions dont effect the main highways for through traffic, this will displace all the vehicles who now park there- where will they go,  look at the situation on Hall Street and along Middleton Road as examples by selling off of King Street car park which was for short term use of 3 hours.   We know what the future will be and what effect it has on the granting of permission, it wont be to refuse will it.

Yesterday afternoon the fencing contractors on Byron street come to leave (A company from Leeds) to find the could not exit the site for cars parked all round what moron parks across exit gates,
Or the fence panel they had to remove to get on the site because the gates were blocked don't know what time they got away.

#7 28.Jul.18 07:57:37

ridge walker

Missed that and i toured it in the morning, i took a few pics of the parking on Radcliffe street, double parked after Cardigan Street, one side only from Rochdale Road,  i found an odd situation on Park street just as a traffic warden arrived in his car, he parked on the resident only side on the liesure centre side which was totally clear, residents have parking areas along the house side and that was full, as its one way if both are parked on you only have a very narrow centre section for traffic to use, non were parked half on the pavement, because the marked parking area is wide and has a black anti skid coating on the surface.

The warden explained the white lines that are paid for by residents to prevent others blocking their access allows them to give permission to others to use the space,  like himself, he began to photograph every vehicle parked there, i asked if the wardens and those on mopeds had been withdrawn from the town centre, and areas where double yellow lines were painted, he said they respond to complaints as  nescessary, it seems strange to me that both sides of Park street is reserved for residents and i can only think why has Hall Street no restrictions in place, theirs 2 types of treatment here going on and i can only put it down to the division between north and south wards.

As for double yellow lines, blue badge holders can park on them but must display their disc, with deserted car parks wheelchair users with the badge still park on the street, now not all are wheelchair users and can walk unaided even without use of a stick, the reason seems to be they pay their council tax and any physical weakness they apply for the blue badge and then park along the curb on double yellow lines, there permitted to do this, why then do disabled bays appear closest to the shops and the yellow lines are furthest away on the street,  I know those who have mobility vehicles can have them taken away if their condition improves, does this apple to blue badge holders, who decides who get them, is it a GP or a hospital doctor and is for life such as a hip replacement patients, just an observation

#8 28.Jul.18 13:13:02

Erin

Blue Badge holders can have their right to a disabled badge withdrawn if the Local Authority decide their condition has improved because of hip replacement or knee replacement.  An application has to be made every three years and in a lot of cases an appointment is made to be seen by a medical team before a decision is made.

#9 28.Jul.18 13:46:32

Tabbycat

You can't get a blue badge if you are waiting for a hip or knee operation.I asked last time when I waited a long time to have  my first hip done. I was told no way.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

Board footer