No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

crackerbarrel

#1 28.Jul.18 12:51:01

nola

Cling Film boxes!

There doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer to them falling apart when you're only a quarter way through the roll.
I've tried the plastc Bacofoil one, which didn't last very long, wasn't a great cutter and needed expensive Bacofoil cling film.
I've looked at Lakeland and the reviews aren't good - they only take Lakeland cling film and are a real fiddle to get the hang of cutting.

Just a simple box like the ones they come in, but made of really sturdy cardboard and with a cutting edge that doesn't come unstuck, is all I ask

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#2 28.Jul.18 12:58:09

Erin

Re: Cling Film boxes!

Nola the one I am using now is from Aldi and it is hopeless.  The cutter is attached to the top lid instead of the bottom and trying to cut it to size is a work of art. sad

#3 28.Jul.18 13:49:20

Tabbycat

I hate having to use cling film. I end up throwing the box away and keeping the roll in a drawer. Then when you want some you pull it out and rip it off, and it ends up looking like a map of a small country.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#4 28.Jul.18 17:48:52

exile

Erin wrote:

Nola the one I am using now is from Aldi and it is hopeless.  The cutter is attached to the top lid instead of the bottom and trying to cut it to size is a work of art. sad

At the risk of being controversial are you sure you opened the top lid and not the bottom one.  lol

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

#5 28.Jul.18 18:27:39

Erin

exile wrote:
Erin wrote:

At the risk of being controversial are you sure you opened the top lid and not the bottom one.  lol

That was my first thought Exile, but no, the cutting edge is definitely on the top lid.  mad

#6 28.Jul.18 18:33:02

nola

Humph!  I thought cling film from an upmarket shop might have better reviews.  Sainsbury's reviews are bad but Waitrose are mostly very good.  Trouble is the nearest Waitrose is over 8 miles away in Manchester and the website says they don't deliver to our postcode.   Probably not posh enough.

#7 28.Jul.18 18:41:50

nola

My next strategy is to change from Tescos 50 metre pack to a 25 metre one, then chuck it when the serrated edge comes off.
Tescos do a 100 metre pack - goodness knows what the box is like by the end!

Board footer