Please read the rules. If in any doubt email iloveroyton@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

nola

#1 06.Aug.18 18:28:15

ridge walker

A good sign.

You may remember i posted in early July that i was looking into the closure of a local footpath, that had been obstructed by a resident,  at first it was a gate but later he built a concrete wall, he warned walkers with a notice he had also used anti vandal paint, after speaking to his neighbours how this came about, i decided to ask a question about it at the Community meeting on the 16th July,  i printed off my question with the details and 5 other footpath related issues, 9 questions in total, when The Agenda item came up two had already been submitted and they were read out, i then presented my 2 pages to the chairman, i had made 6 copies  for the committee, as i raised the closure issue i was stopped, as the issue was under investigation, and i could not refer to any cllr who had already been consulted.

At this point unknown to me others sitting behind me had raised their hand to ask other questions, my pages were handed to the council worker to look into them, no other cllr present saw the copies or asked for one, one told me i could contact them at their surgery  that is held each month on Saturday morning,  i received from the chair the questions would be replied to and he moved on to take the other questions, one questioner was there on the same issue, another was an update on a question from earlier meetings that was being costed, after that the meeting was closed with the next date they meet being October the 15th

Today is 3 weeks later and nothing has been heard, i have not been contacted and nothings been sent via e-mail, as i have said i was being patient for information to come back from the council departments, but i would not wait till mid October, the usual response  time is 3 days for an answer if advice is required,  however i discover the obstruction has now been taken down and the path is back in use, the council teams working on the last two weekends have carried out work on other paths, i have met them and observed the work,  they had no knowledge of my questions or why they were sent other than tidy the place up as best they could,  but its a good sign something is being done.

Now i dont know the ins and outs of this, as i said i am in the dark, i would have liked an answer what they were going to do and when, but as i discovered this myself how long would official word reach me ?   Can more be done and am i satisfied with it, still leaves 3 other issues that need answers but lets not be hasty, a starts been made, and i thank the chairman James for this, maybe it was a team effort who knows, or the work of the council workers, whoever thank you all, its not a waste of time after all which surprises me, but they need to keep in contect  people need to know where were at and and what help is available, no good talking to the cat is there Tabby, hi fives from me, not everyone can do this you know.

#2 06.Aug.18 19:01:36

Mags

Re: A good sign.

Well done Ridge! You are like a dog with a bone, you just won’t let go. I’m the same until I get answers. I will not be fobbed off.

Last edited by Mags (06.Aug.18 19:02:20)

#3 06.Aug.18 20:00:57

Tabbycat

Result! I could have done with you on my side 20 years ago Ridge smile

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#4 07.Aug.18 14:55:25

ridge walker

I know people from outside the forum read my posts as they talk about it, when i raise issues or have a question i may have an answer so the public question is exactly that, of public interest and the answer is then shared by all, its then public information.  If it reaches the media that widens the coverage, i dont go to the press first and start complaining about something as that harms the town, keep it in house and see what can be done is the motto.

If for example things are resolved in private and  no one knows about it we could still get the same result, how many would notice, we all have eyes to see but do we  ever pay attention to it at the time or months later, we could carry on doing this for years and the only ones who happen to know  always assume its the council and that comes as a shock, if i stand motionless and merge into the background i may not be noticed, if that fails its very rewarding, its appreciated, for this to work it has to be routine and so regular it become familier, non of this one day wonder thats soon forgotten and returns to what it was before, you need a perminant step change if you want a lasting and enduring result, you cant let it slip or rub off as then the gains are lost, to much hard work and time goes into it,  if its a phase it shows no sign of ending.

Board footer