Please read the rules. If in any doubt email iloveroyton@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

#1 11.Aug.18 11:15:17

Tabbycat

Great news!

about the trees on our street.

The council  have given them a Tree Protection Order at long last!

We asked for one in the year  2001 and we thought it had been done and dusted as I said to Ridge in an earlier post.

It seemed that the person who originally wanted the TPO upped and left her job before getting it finalised. We, at the time, didn't know it had to be finalised and just assumed the TPO was in place.

Ben Caine from the planning Dept has done a sterling job sorting all the paperwork out and reinstating the TPO after 18 years so as long as no one objects we will have a TPO on our trees, and no one can destroy them again!

Once it officially goes through I think a very large box of chocolates for Ben will be in order smile

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#2 11.Aug.18 12:34:41

Milly Savage
Banned

Re: Great news!

The Tony won't be pleased !!

He's just invested in a log burner and a chainsaw !!!

Any similarity to dirty jokes or political comment is purely coincidental.

#3 11.Aug.18 14:09:36

ridge walker

You should receive the notice with each tree identified with a number, and will state the conditions attached, no lopping of branches or cutting back without permission and the penelty if ignored, each tree will have a points value and life expectancy, the main reason this was done was to prevent developers removing trees and paying a low fine, its now much higher with the order.   Make sure this is widely known and  keep the document safe if its ever needed in the future, its normal practice to have any landowner as a partner in this though it does not put them to any expence for their maintenance, it just gives an aggreement, likewise the council does not have any responsibillity or costs afterwards as a duty of care, unless its agreed ie as per Cemetary Road, but they can advise on tree health.

#4 11.Aug.18 17:08:25

Tony

Milly Savage wrote:

The Tony won't be pleased !!

He's just invested in a log burner and a chainsaw !!!

lol  lol

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#5 12.Aug.18 16:50:29

Tabbycat

This letter has made me think back to about the year 2012 when some contractors came and chopped a few branches and full limbs off the trees, riding so roughshod over them that I was in tears.

When I got the then arborist for Oldham Council round and told him  that there was a TPO on the trees, and showed him the paperwork we had been given, he wouldn't even glance at it but just told us it had run out, which is what I told Ridge we had been told.

When we asked if it could be reinstated to protect them, the guy said no, the trees weren't good enough quality and it would devalue all the other quality trees that already had orders.

We took what was said at face value. Only now do we realise we were fed a load of codswallop and were paying this bloke his wages.

Thank goodness they replaced him with someone you can talk to and who actually likes trees.

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#6 12.Aug.18 20:20:02

nola

That's brilliant Tabby!!
So if any contractors come and try to lob them again you can show them the paperwork and they should back off

Really called Janet (and still confused)

Board footer