No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 09.Sep.18 18:11:01

ridge walker

New puppy.

My grand dughter has wanted a dog for years but her parents refused, she tried to get me to get one and practically begged, however she is 15 next week and they have aggreed to it but it comes with condition she cares for it and does all the exercises and training, as a joke all her presents will be from pet shops.  Now they decided to get one from a rescue centre as they vet new owners and they do all the injections etc, all 4 went and picked one out, they think its about 4 months old and big enough to run about and not a lap dog, but heres something :

As you know puppy farms are against the law now, but this dog comes from Rumania, as do many in the centre, they were told they came here with immigrants entering the country who had to give them up, can this be right or a loophole, never heard of it before, it has a Rumainian name which they will keep, will it  understand english or will she have to learn Rumainian words, may seem daft but is it a problem?  The next thing is they think i will look after for her when she's away so it does not go in a kennel, like on holiday, oh its all worked out... how can puppys be brought in with rabies and all those risks, quarantine and things like that, somethings not quite right, what do you think.

#2 09.Sep.18 18:57:40

Woody

Re: New puppy.

ridge walker wrote:

My grand dughter has wanted a dog for years but her parents refused, she tried to get me to get one and practically begged, however she is 15 next week and they have aggreed to it but it comes with condition she cares for it and does all the exercises and training, as a joke all her presents will be from pet shops.  Now they decided to get one from a rescue centre as they vet new owners and they do all the injections etc, all 4 went and picked one out, they think its about 4 months old and big enough to run about and not a lap dog, but heres something :

As you know puppy farms are against the law now, but this dog comes from Rumania, as do many in the centre, they were told they came here with immigrants entering the country who had to give them up, can this be right or a loophole, never heard of it before, it has a Rumainian name which they will keep, will it  understand english or will she have to learn Rumainian words, may seem daft but is it a problem?  The next thing is they think i will look after for her when she's away so it does not go in a kennel, like on holiday, oh its all worked out... how can puppys be brought in with rabies and all those risks, quarantine and things like that, somethings not quite right, what do you think.

Any Animal entering the Country will have to be quarantined and bloods checked for a period of time that's why they are taken off them on entry if they were allowed to enter willy nilly the could carry any infection into the UK,

Our Dogs can have a canine passport and Horses have travel documents to travel in the EU for holidays Dog shows and Equestrian events.

I would if I could but I can't,

#3 09.Sep.18 19:57:06

exile

If all the checks have been done than as Woody says all will be fine.  Say yes to having the dog on holidays Ridge you will love having it and it’s better than putting it into kennels.

Though why we have to have the ruddy dog immigrants as well as the Rumanian one’s is a puzzle to me.

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

#4 09.Sep.18 20:49:56

Tony

ridge walker wrote:

As you know puppy farms are against the law now, but this dog comes from Rumania, as do many in the centre, they were told they came here with immigrants entering the country who had to give them up, can this be right or a loophole, never heard of it before, it has a Rumainian name which they will keep, will it  understand english or will she have to learn Rumainian words, may seem daft but is it a problem?  .

I would start with some simple words and phrases to start with Ridge such as...Biscuit = Biscuiti and Care Mestecau Papucii Bunicilor = Who Chewed Grandads Slippers, the dog will very quickly become bilingual  wink

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

#5 10.Sep.18 12:47:56

nola

big_smile

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#6 10.Sep.18 17:54:30

ridge walker

When i get the details i will come back, they have not got it yet and they have not told them its for her birthday,  i have seen a picture, taken at the centre, its fawn in colour and leggy with floppy ears so could be a hound, must be a story in giving a puppy up and why they cant keep them after they have been checked out as woody said, its called Obar but it could be renamed, i like dogs but once i was looking after an alsation and took it on a common in Surrey for a walk, another dog walker entered a clearing and it shot off and attacked the other dog, it was terrible as i had to force its mouth open as it had gripped its ear in its teeth, never been so scared in my life seperating them,  why i let it off its chain i will never know, i was throwing a stick for it so it could have a run, bad idea but the other dogs owner was very understanding, as i prevented a very serious injury if it managed to pull it around.

#7 12.Sep.18 14:05:23

ridge walker

The dogs correct name is Arlo and it wont be allowed home for another two weeks, Jess has already bought it a big cage for the kitchen, the type for transporting it in a car, she has tried it out for size and she fits perfect from the picture, her dad has bought the child gates for the stairs so it cant get to the bedrooms- some hopes like saying it wont be allowed on the furnature, they have just bought a new leather suite so what good timing, she will no doubt have got all the leads, collars, jackets bowls food,toys, identity disc but will be chipped before release....... its reserved for her so hope it goes to plan.

As she's a brilliant gymnast who coaches younger children, there back garden is full of equipment for floor exercises, i think this dog will be just as fast doing back flips and somersaults and using her trampoline, bound to be fun seeing which one passes the kitchen window up to the upper windows first, that image in my head wont go away, exciting for everyone and better than a hamster that sleeps all day.

Board footer