No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 05.Sep.18 09:26:39

Philpot
Banned

Tandle Hills

A worrying report doing the rounds on social media yesterday

Heyside Watch wrote:

If you are a lone female dog walker stay out the woods and stick to paths.....I've had to come out of a tricky situation .Thank God I had my phone !!!! That's the last walk in here for us

All 5 Asian 5ft 8 to 6ft
2 with goatee medium build
Short black hair .jeans trainers black jogging jackets
2 slim build black hair clean shaven .clothes simalar.the 5th disappeared while two stayed to my right side 2 to my left side .this panicked me as to what the 5th guy was going to do hence I ran

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … 7693204900

#2 05.Sep.18 20:18:06

Mags

Re: Tandle Hills

Where did you get the description of the men from Philpot? Its very unusual to see five asian men together in the park.In fact I have never seen five men of any descripion together in the park.

Last edited by Mags (05.Sep.18 20:20:41)

#3 06.Sep.18 07:06:43

Philpot
Banned

Mags wrote:

Where did you get the description of the men from Philpot? Its very unusual to see five asian men together in the park.In fact I have never seen five men of any descripion together in the park.

From the Facebook post Mags

#4 06.Sep.18 09:43:53

Philpot
Banned

And now local ladies are trying to set up a Facebook group to form a dog walking group to combat the threat

In light of the disturbing recent events in Tandlehills hills, we are setting up a lone ladies walking group. I will make a fb page tonight, please keep your eyes peeled, and if you fancy joining us, we are meeting tonight at 5.30 pm at the gates... please share or copy/paste to get the word around #safetyinnumbers

#5 06.Sep.18 12:46:00

Erin

Hope they get a good response, it's so much better to walk in a group, especially as we will be into the darker nights soon.

#6 11.Sep.18 16:47:19

Barleycorn

Philpot wrote:

And now local ladies are trying to set up a Facebook group to form a dog walking group to combat the threat

In light of the disturbing recent events in Tandlehills hills, we are setting up a lone ladies walking group. I will make a fb page tonight, please keep your eyes peeled, and if you fancy joining us, we are meeting tonight at 5.30 pm at the gates... please share or copy/paste to get the word around #safetyinnumbers

The link is no longer working, so not sure of the exact detail - but the general story is that someone was worried by a group of young men who walked around the person.

This sounds like it was scary and traumatic for the lady concerned....   BUT given nothing untoward actually happened, whilst it is always better to be safe than sorry, and she no doubt did the right thing...  that morphing into a need to  "combat the threat" seems to be both sensationalising and aggravating things without justification.

It may well be a nasty incident was avoided, but it may also be someone was spooked without any genuine reason as a group started to walk past / around her. In which case the 'threat', however scary, was imagined.

No less upsetting for the poor person involved (and we have probably all sped up when hearing footsteps on a dark night, or gone warily downstairs having heard 'a noise)  ... BUT  that should not translate into there now being an acknowledged 'threat' to lone women in Tandle Hills -  that is how innocent people end up getting hurt, or places get designated 'no go areas' for nothing more than rumour and suspicion.

For all the times bad things happen, and sadly they do happen all over the UK  - we live in a very peaceful part of the world, the UK, and North Manchester is a relatively safe part of this generally peaceful country.

I went through ALL your posts, found nothing,

#7 12.Sep.18 08:23:18

ridge walker

From my point of view, i rarely see groups of youths in the park, i see more older couples, family groups with dogs or single dog walkers, the several walking groups are a new feature, it is getting very dark in the mornings as well at night so being there on your own is not the best place to be, however it could be in daytime if the increase in visitor numbers continues and more groups form,  may increase safety but more likely to go the other way just as easily, as far as the police advice goes avoid any groups acting suspicious in tangs, be it lighting fires, camping or drinking, that may now be coming to an end in wet weather just be alert, even i must stop talking to people so often about the park and its features during day time ha ha.

#8 12.Sep.18 20:31:13

Philpot
Banned

And this is not the first time that females have been targeted by Asian men in Tandle Hills this summer

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk … s-14787094

Manchester Evening News wrote:

14 June 2018

A teacher has described the terrifying moment she was robbed at knifepoint in Oldham.

The 26-year-old had been walking her dog in Tandle Hill Park in Royton with a teaching friend when they were confronted by masked thugs.

One of them pulled out a knife and threatened the women, demanding they hand over their car keys, which they did.

Two men then got into the victims’ vehicles – an orange Fiat Punto and a black Seat Leon – and drove off towards Rochdale.

Two other men, who had been standing nearby ‘keeping watch’, fled in a white Transit van towards Oldham .

Board footer