No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 08.Sep.18 09:26:17

ridge walker

John Lewis/ Waitrose advert.

What a wonderful advert their showing, better with the sound on this one and its not even christmas, i also like the black horses running along the beach being met by town folk, there are some very clever people around to make those still, not a clue what the Guiness ones about and the rest are all rubbish ha ha.

#2 08.Sep.18 10:00:33

crackerbarrel

Re: John Lewis/ Waitrose advert.

I saw it last night Ridge & it's wonderful isn't it - it should win some kind of award. tummenupp

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

#3 08.Sep.18 12:43:25

Erin

It's way above the usual trivia we get, well done to whoever has had this brainwave.  smile

#4 08.Sep.18 17:07:45

nola

It's brilliant!
Utterly far-fetched of course - you'd never achieve that in a real school - but really enjoyable!! "Mama, I've killed a martian" lol!

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#5 09.Sep.18 13:39:42

Penguin

As a massive Queen fan I can safely say this advert is wonderful.

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#6 13.Sep.18 08:29:57

ridge walker

I hear on todays news  John Lewis has lost 99% of its profits due to its advertising program, yet it continues during the breaks, you would the think the budget was only a percentage of the profits, how many can afford  all 100%, some are a complete waste of money as they reduce sales so what are John Lewis doing wrong, is it because they have no effect like the Lloyds bank black horses or the Guiness advert, not like the old adverts for Murrey mints and Tony the tiger breakfast cerial that was Great for kids.

#7 13.Sep.18 11:26:47

crackerbarrel

Much as I love the advert, it doesn't make me want to rush out to either John Lewis or Waitrose, whose prices are usually way above most others. Having said that, if I found something I wanted at either of these stores, at the right price, I wouldn't hesitate as their quality is usually very good.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

#8 13.Sep.18 12:27:24

Erin

I like John Lewis and Waitrose and have and do shop in their stores. If their prices are slightly higher you are paying for a quality product and I have always found the customer service at John Lewis is second to none.  You pay your money and take your choice.

#9 13.Sep.18 17:00:44

Penguin

crackerbarrel wrote:

Much as I love the advert, it doesn't make me want to rush out to either John Lewis or Waitrose, whose prices are usually way above most others. Having said that, if I found something I wanted at either of these stores, at the right price, I wouldn't hesitate as their quality is usually very good.

Just made me want to listen to Queen, which isn't actually a bad thing! big_smile

Oh Brilliant!  big_smile

#10 13.Sep.18 17:08:47

ridge walker

I too like John Lewis as i do Selfridges and Harvey Nichols but their all jaw dropping expensive to buy from, even Sainsburys and Waitrose and M&S but we like the service & quality and pay the extra, we know Aldi and Lidl do it cheaper, now Tesco is going down market with new stores that stack it high and sell it cheap off a pallet to beat the best in the business at their own game, can you imagine a world of Pound Stretchers on every high street and Home Barguins, or Primark selling clothes while Next and Debenhams lose all their customers, are you sick of all those sport shops selling trainers while the only decent shoe shop left are Clarks and it has to be in a sale or you would not go in.

Never bought anything mail order or on the internet, printer ink on occasions but we have parcells delivered every day in our street,  Mrs Ridge got her thick heavy book off the postman only because he walked past the window and the door was opened before he even pressed the doorbell, its on the other side of the letter box and many dont know its there,  my window cleaner knows now but its taken 15 years, i must get a new letterbox with a knocker attached thats not operated by a battery, we have a sign saying we dont buy anything and we dont open the door to anyone without an appointment but they dont read it and we dont open the door then wonder why no ones been round for 6 months, i dont mind if they pass under the window and theres no need to walk the long way using the pavement but they dont want to disturb us so we dont open the door even if they find the bell i dont hear it being deaf, but the red light keeps flashing so i have it behind the clock,  those we welcome tap on the window and do a dance using sign language.

What was the question, oh yes my favourite shop for browsing is John Lewis but never buy anything not even a coffee cup, adverts are wasted on me, all those charity ones on Sky no chance, not even those who row across the atlantic or climb Everest naked get a penny, let those who are bothered do the donating, there all on expencies with flight tickets and hotels booked and fit in a few sights while their out there,  get some sunshine and a tan, are they real, let them go adventuring in their own time at their own cost, break a leg or drown i dont care, must be mad taking such risks serves them right- booooooooooo, it does seem a lot to spend on a school concert, an entire years profits gone on promoting themselves and putting the entire business into bankruptsy and set to music doing it.  kiss

#11 13.Sep.18 17:49:24

exile

I bet Ridge feels better for getting all that off his chest.  We have those signs that say No Cold Callers but they still do and as I have to open the door to make sure it’s someone I want to speak to those I don’t want to speak to get very short shift. 

Actually even people I like are often greeted with Oh no not you again !  Charming aren’t I

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

Board footer