No adult jokes please... my Mother reads this website!

You are not logged in.

#1 13.Sep.18 17:56:51

exile

Tv listings app

Our one shop will close on Saturday the owners want to retire and no one has stepped up to run the business.  So no more Saturday papers and the TV listings book that comes with it.

I won’t miss the paper as I have the much maligned Daily Fail on an app for free.  But what to do about the TV listings book. ?

I have downloaded a few free apps but I need one that lets me mark the programmes I want to watch or record.  Nerd that I am I go through the book on a Sunday with a highlighter and mark the programmes so we don’t forget.

I have found a free app that will send my choices to the calendar so that might do the trick.  Does anyone else get their TV listings from an app and if so what do we recommend.

who is bigger Mr Bigger or Mr Biggers son ? the son he is a little Bigger

#2 14.Sep.18 06:52:55

mudskipper

Re: Tv listings app

can you not use the app built into your tv / digibox, then select  the program and put a reminder on it,

'If voting actually changed anything, they'd make it illegal'.

#3 14.Sep.18 08:51:55

exile

Yes muddie I can do that but I find the guide a bit scrambled even though I have hidden those channels we don’t watch and arranged those we do in a pattern I understand.  I think it’s just the title of the programme and not a short description that makes me miss programmes I would watch. 

I have sent some ideas to the calendar on my iPad direct from the app so we will see how we go on.  I have a paper this weekend so will have a book for next week.  So more time to think.

#4 14.Sep.18 15:42:22

Woody

exile wrote:

Yes muddie I can do that but I find the guide a bit scrambled even though I have hidden those channels we don’t watch and arranged those we do in a pattern I understand.  I think it’s just the title of the programme and not a short description that makes me miss programmes I would watch. 

I have sent some ideas to the calendar on my iPad direct from the app so we will see how we go on.  I have a paper this weekend so will have a book for next week.  So more time to think.

Keep hold of your last TV listings they will all be on again, You know they will, tummenupp

I would if I could but I can't,

#5 14.Sep.18 16:05:51

exile

I never thought of that Woody, and you are quite right of course.  lol

#6 14.Sep.18 16:06:37

Barleycorn

Woody wrote:
exile wrote:

Keep hold of your last TV listings they will all be on again, You know they will, tummenupp

hahaha - that said, I had an elderly relative who - pre digital GUI's - used the same TV Quick ( or whatever it was) for a couple of years.   They mainly watched Countdown, soaps and the news.  All on at the same time, same day - so it was all fine.

Last edited by Barleycorn (14.Sep.18 16:06:45)

I went through ALL your posts, found nothing,

#7 14.Sep.18 23:15:31

nola

That is a problem exile.  Digital is rubbish compared to paper listings.

Really called Janet (and still confused)

#8 15.Sep.18 08:42:42

exile

Thanks for that Nola, I was beginning to think I was being a numpty.  I will try the app I found for a week or two and if I can’t live with it I will let some moths out of may wallet and buy a tv book when we go shopping.

#9 15.Sep.18 09:24:01

China Girl

exile wrote:

Thanks for that Nola, I was beginning to think I was being a numpty.  I will try the app I found for a week or two and if I can’t live with it I will let some moths out of may wallet and buy a tv book when we go shopping.

I have to confess to missing programmes that I would have watched had I known they were on.  I just use catch up TV when I realise that has happened.  You really can't beat a paper TV guide for the week and I do think its probably your best option to just buy one.  I remember the excitement of the delivery of the Christmas TV or Radio times edition.

Board footer