Please read the rules. If in any doubt email iloveroyton@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

#1 10.Jun.11 20:17:57

Rebel

More misery for Roytoners thanks to Oldham Council

Because Oldham council couldn't run a booze up in  a brewery it doesn't stop them from piling on more misery for Roytoners , not content from ruining Royton  eg: Assembly Hall ,,,,,.  The harrasment of firms on Star brew forcing them out to make  way for one of their whispers type firms to build flats = result derelict dangerous land ....  Byron St school just waiting for the druggies to break in and set it on fire   Etc etc etc ... 
Now because they built the White elephant of a clinic on the wrong side of the road the folks who live on Park St,   folks ,,,by the way ,who lived there before Oldham got it's greedy hands on Royton  have been told their street is now being made a one way St   can you believe it ?  Oh and by the way because now they
struggle to park outside their homes because of clinic people they have been informed for the sum of £50 a year they can have a parking permit that will allow them if there is a space free to park on the street where they have lived some, for 40 years or more ...  mad
*Oldham Met borough probably the worst council in the World +

I was in the House when the house burned down !.

#2 10.Jun.11 20:34:25

tw1tcher

Re: More misery for Roytoners thanks to Oldham Council

If this true then the lot of them want sacking.

With all the farms round here perhaps the school cud have been a fruit n meat market with cafe and restaurant of an evening.

#3 10.Jun.11 23:13:49

Rebel

Twitcher I have nothing against Oldhamers they are the salt of the earth ,but the shysters and busy bodies that run that cowboy outfit*  Charley Farleys Cowboys* don't seem to realise Royton is a town,,, that Roytoners are getting more and more naffed off with the way they have systematically  tried to turn Royton into a part of Oldham ,  mad

Last edited by Rebel (10.Jun.11 23:15:11)

#4 11.Jun.11 08:14:13

tw1tcher

Have none of the local councillors or mp etc got no comment on this tax against royton folk.

Or are we paying for their mistake re the entire miss siting of the health centre or will these funds go towards some drug rehab scheme for oldham junkies

#5 11.Jun.11 08:29:16

Maximus
Banned

I call upon all Roytoners to rally to the Royton Crest  mad   mad

Royton_Coat_of_Arms.png

Let us imbebe of its civic might and pump the Oldham council weasels with our wholesome Royton spunk  mad

#6 11.Jun.11 09:36:48

Hejikibob

£50 a year to MAYBE park on the street IF there is a space (that they should be able to do for free anyway)?!?!?!?!

What kind of effing joke is that?? Do you curently have to pay to park there or something?

#7 11.Jun.11 11:46:06

peapod

since the intro of parking charges after an amount of time in the local carparks I have noticed a number  of vehicles starting to park on the side roads and the main road  starting up near the summit, this is because people used to park on royton carpark all day and get the bus into the destination, now because they cant park all day for free they are finding side streets to park on near to bus stops, hence the people that live in these houses who dont have a drive are getting home to find no place for them, and I think it is rediculas that people will have to pay extra money for a permit that you may not be able guarantee a space anyway,

#8 11.Jun.11 12:39:57

ridge walker

£800,000 taken by OMBC in traffic fines profit, with £1.2 million going to the traffic warden service to enforce it,  the money has to go into providing car parking spaces and maintaining them,  the £50 per year fee is for administration and providing resident only usage, if a resident cannot park outside his house as the space is taken,  surely 13p a day is not a lot to provide one, though one space per house may not be enough for some families, how would it be if you paid £50 and your neighbours take your space let alone strangers.

#9 11.Jun.11 13:17:10

Rebel

Ridge how would you like to have to pay £50 a year to park outside your house because the council have made a giant cock up  ??plus if someone else is already there you nave to find somewhere else .

#10 11.Jun.11 21:40:03

James Larkin

"the white elephant of a clinic"

That is possibly the most astounding comment I have ever read on any forum, ever.

And as for star brew, wheres that?

#11 11.Jun.11 23:07:58

Rebel

jataal07 wrote:

"the white elephant of a clinic"

That is possibly the most astounding comment I have ever read on any forum, ever.

And as for star brew, wheres that?

Alright ,, alright,,, I got a bit carried away  with the White elephant   yikes

#12 11.Jun.11 23:16:16

TimH

Star Broo is Edge Lane Street between High Barn and Shaw Road.

#13 12.Jun.11 13:12:22

Cllr Steve Bashforth

Rebel wrote:

Because Oldham council couldn't run a booze up in  a brewery it doesn't stop them from piling on more misery for Roytoners , not content from ruining Royton  eg: Assembly Hall ,,,,,.  The harrasment of firms on Star brew forcing them out to make  way for one of their whispers type firms to build flats = result derelict dangerous land ....  Byron St school just waiting for the druggies to break in and set it on fire   Etc etc etc ... 
Now because they built the White elephant of a clinic on the wrong side of the road the folks who live on Park St,   folks ,,,by the way ,who lived there before Oldham got it's greedy hands on Royton  have been told their street is now being made a one way St   can you believe it ?  Oh and by the way because now they
struggle to park outside their homes because of clinic people they have been informed for the sum of £50 a year they can have a parking permit that will allow them if there is a space free to park on the street where they have lived some, for 40 years or more ...  mad
*Oldham Met borough probably the worst council in the World +

Ok Assemmbly Hall.
As promissed, together with the new leader of the council, I have had a number of meetings with senior legal officers of the council and they have been given clear instructions to use all available means to help us get the building back. he legal situation is a tangled web but we are determined to unravel it. A meeting was arragnged last week with Whispers but they did not show, but after a very uncompromising message from us they are have asked to meet us next week.

"The harrasment of firms on Star brew forcing them out to make  way for one of their whispers type firms" No idea what you mean by this can you tell me more?

Byron Street School, there is no truth in the rumour that 50 houses are to be built there nor have there been any planning applications been submitted for anything at all yet.
The building is due to be demolished in August and I am fairly confident we can use the land, or most of it, as a car park which should then solve the problems caused by visitors and staff at the health centre.

The proposal to introduce a one way system around the health centre has been scrapped.

The Lib Dems brought in a charge of £50 per annum for people who are in a residents only parking scheme. This has been scrapped and there will be no charge for permits.

Please email me if you have any questions on this or anything else as I am not always able to respond quickly on this forum at the moment.

Regards

Make it so.........

#14 12.Jun.11 16:44:07

Maximus
Banned

Bashford

Show us your Royton spunk Bashford  mad

#15 12.Jun.11 17:52:05

tw1tcher

Councillor can you simply not use cpo legislation to acquire the assembly hall.

Then deduct from the sum costs for legals, repairs, bringing back to satisfactory condition etc.

#16 12.Jun.11 18:41:27

Cllr Steve Bashforth

A CPO is being explored but it needs to be part of a regeneration plan but it is being worked on

Make it so.........

#17 12.Jun.11 18:42:44

Cllr Steve Bashforth

Maximus wrote:

Bashford

Show us your Royton spunk Bashford  mad

I beg your pardon!

Ps it Bashforth  big_smile

Make it so.........

#18 12.Jun.11 19:53:04

Rebel

Good answers Steve  ,,,So it was the lib dems who wanted to charge people who live on Park St £50 a year for the lottery of getting a parking space outside their  houses ,,,    and also turn it into a one way  ,,,,, 
And this being like this for years  was the lib dems fault as well

Picture_081.jpg

This is the land at the bottom of Star Brew ,, now why did the firms leave this site  and was there ever a development planned for it ...     
?

Picture_141.jpg

Last edited by Rebel (12.Jun.11 19:53:32)

#19 12.Jun.11 21:10:01

The Chief

Good stuff Steve looks like progress at last I'd being made.

Be happy - You'll live longer

#20 12.Jun.11 22:36:20

Cllr Steve Bashforth

Rebel wrote:

Good answers Steve  ,,,So it was the lib dems who wanted to charge people who live on Park St £50 a year for the lottery of getting a parking space outside their  houses ,,,    and also turn it into a one way  ,,,,, 
And this being like this for years  was the lib dems fault as well

Picture_081.jpg

This is the land at the bottom of Star Brew ,, now why did the firms leave this site  and was there ever a development planned for it ...     
?
Rebel

None of this land belongs to the council or the people of Royton

Am open to suggestions

Picture_141.jpg

Make it so.........

#21 07.Oct.18 20:00:27

Rebel

Great days on the forum .

Board footer