Please read the rules. If in any doubt email iloveroyton@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

#1 04.Oct.18 21:24:18

sg
Administrator

Top stones [and plaque] missing off Shaw Rd end park wall

Teresa from ilR asks:

Where have all the top stones gone from Shaw Road End park, can we have them replaced Please!!

Anyone got the info?

[citation needed]

#2 04.Oct.18 21:50:01

Erin

Re: Top stones [and plaque] missing off Shaw Rd end park wall

I noticed this a few days ago and thought that there was some work being done to the wall, maybe re-bedding the top slabs. I also noticed that the plaque which gives the details of who donated the open space to the people of Royton was missing. Hope the wall is being refurbished.

#3 04.Oct.18 21:56:32

sg
Administrator

Erin wrote:

I also noticed that the plaque which gives the details of who donated the open space to the people of Royton was missing.

That's worrying

[citation needed]

#4 04.Oct.18 23:25:45

Woody

The was a spate of stone wall copings going missing in Saddleworth  a while ago they nick em and sell em,  mad

I would if I could but I can't,

#5 05.Oct.18 08:18:14

ridge walker

Shocking, this is a section of wall where the plaque was attached that was very close to the traffic lights and in full view, there was hardly any space to park a vehicle here off road, possible a transit,  if it is a theft the wall must be urgently reinstated and not left unrepaired for months, like the railings on Middleton road  from the car accident nr Charles St.

And the coping stones that have been overturned on the wall along Radcliffe Street at the Precinct car park- not stolen but left in that condition for over a year and a complete disgrace on such a busy location, no good just re- mortering them with the front edge overhanging the wall to be lifted off again, we had this kind of damage all the time with the flag toppings to the wall on  High St at the corner with Middleton Road before Lidl arrived and the opposite corner with Hall Street, we dont look after the town the way it should be,  never has been and building public realms and  stone work displays cannot absolve this, and what is the reaction to this, "get a new interest ridge, no one cares"   flowers and good house keeping come bottem of the list when we have a Town Hall to fix.

#6 08.Oct.18 21:21:01

Haggate

This is the message i  received from the Highways after reporting the stones missing in October 2017

On 12 Oct 2017 12:00, <highways@oldham.gov.uk> wrote:
Dear

Thank you for your email.

What will happen next?
We have passed the details to our Highways Section for their attention.

Your reference number is:

I also reported the stones on Radcliffe St being pushed over but budget restraints are possibly stopping them being replaced ?

I think they left the others at Shaw Rd End as they seemed more cemented on. The plaque was apparently cleaned and moved further along the wall. It is but I don't understand why it was moved - I am surprised it's still there.

#7 09.Oct.18 00:27:46

Rebel

Is it still there Haggate ? I thought that had gone to .

I was in the House when the house burned down !.

#8 09.Oct.18 08:13:21

ridge walker

It does look like from the car while waiting at the lights the low wall is intact but the top coping stones are missing, it may be old damage as the cement still seems to top the wall off, whats needed is matching stone with the same weathering so it looks natural or a concrete finish moulded to do the same job if it can be protected while it sets, these stones will always be plundered given time, but i will go and have a closer look and see the plaque in its new location.

#9 09.Oct.18 10:15:02

Rebel

Rebel wrote:

Is it still there Haggate ? I thought that had gone to .

Thanks Haggate. Just seen it in its new position .

I was in the House when the house burned down !.

Board footer