#1 05.Nov.18 13:59:36

Woody

Old Royton Health Centre Site.

SOLD Sign up this morning,

I would if I could but I can't,

#2 05.Nov.18 15:40:30

The Nomad

Re: Old Royton Health Centre Site.

They're going to build a wine bar come bistro on the plot.
Actually, I just made that up but it wouldn't surprise me, what with Royton becoming increasingly cosmopolitan.

#3 05.Nov.18 16:00:10

Tabbycat

Don't forget the hairdressers and tattoo shop  devil

Once you've read a dictionary everything else is just a remix

#4 05.Nov.18 16:29:20

The Nomad

TabbyCat wrote:

Don't forget the hairdressers and tattoo shop

Oh, yeah, and those as well. I neglected to suggest them as Royton is sorely a place that could do with both.

Funnily enough, approximately 18 months ago I called into the butchers on Royton Precinct and asked if it was possible to order a slab of pig fat complete with skin (sorry, all you veggies and vegans). The woman that was serving asked me what I wanted it for, which I found peculiar, but never-the-less told her that I wanted to render it down and make my own lard (you can't beat a fresh farm egg, sunny side up, fried in proper, not mucked about with, lard). When I asked her why she was asking she said she thought I wanted it to practice my tattooing skills as pig skin is as near as you can get to human skin. Allegedly.

Before I close this off; I don't think it will be too long before something is done with what was Lloyds Bank. Only two (2) days after closing down there were what I can only suspect were prospective buyers/developers looking the place over and taking photos. Two (2) days after that the "any interested parties, please contact.....,etc." notice that had been stuck to the inside of the entrance door window had been taken down.

#5 05.Nov.18 16:43:53

Erin

Whatever is put on the site of the old health centre surely it will be better than how it has looked for the past few years.

Board footer